Sunday, August 12, 2012

Module 4: Working with Files

This module was really practical and useful😊 I've had bad experiences synching my phone in the past so it was good to go through the process of synching my iPad step by step with iTunes and not lose anything! Also managed to synch my iPad and iPhone with iCloud so all the apps I've been exploring for this course are on both devices - very convenient.

Up until now if I wanted to transfer files from one device to another I've just emailed them to myself - and that's still a valid option (fairly easy to teach younger students to do) but now with Dropbox and/or Google Drive it's so much easier! I set up a Dropbox account on my iPad and transferred all the photos from my phone to my iPad. For some reason that I haven't figured out, the photos stopped uploading with 11 left - and the message is still stuck in Dropbox on my phone. Must be a simple answer but does lead me to question how efficient it is. Now that I have the photos in Dropbox I'm not sure how to organise them onto my iPad. At the moment they're in a long, cumbersome list and not easy to look at the little thumbnails. What am I doing wrong?

Will check out Google Drive to see how it differs from Dropbox. Like the idea of sharing folders because I can see how that would be extremely useful for me working with a job-share partner and/or grade partner. Now I use an external drive and am constantly transferring files from my computer at home to our school server and vice versa. Would be great to have them update/synch automatically.

Played around with annotating a PDF file with neu.annotate. I found it fairly intuitive and easy to use but since I very rarely if ever, work with PDF files I'm not sure what use it would be to me. Tried inserting a pic of the PDF I annotated but can't figure out how to manipulate the picture so it's not gigantic. Oh boy - so many more questions!!!

Here is my annotated PDF: when would I use those cute little stamps in a PDF except for when I want to show that I know how to??? Not sure....
I

No comments:

Post a Comment